Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kate Winslet Debuts Chopped and Bleached Hairstyle

Kate Winslet on the cover of British VogueKate Winslet debuted a choppy short hairstyle on the cover of the April issue of British Vogue, the shock value of which is accentuated by the bright bleached-blond color a major change from her usual hair color.

Were excited for Winslet for being so daring with her look. The cover shot (from famed photog Mario Testino) sets the tone for the entire Winslet interview, in which she admits she is quite happy to be without a man in her life, since her split last year from husband Sam Mendes.

"Experiencing those moments of being alone ... is a very, very weird flooring and exposing position to be in when you're just not used to it. And it's not just being in a relationship. It's also the fact that I grew up in a family full of people," Winslet reveals in the magazine.

"But I've never been lonely. And with my kids Mia and Joe that remains the case. But to be in this place now where I can say I really like this space. I really need to not have anyone around. It's a surprise to discover that I like being on my own."

No comments:

Post a Comment